The objective of the Cross-Disciplinary Training (CDT) strategy is to promote consistent screening, counseling and referrals for domestic violence by healthcare and social service providers in Orange County. To this end, the CDT will assemble a team of representatives from DV agencies and healthcare to deliver on-site training to healthcare and social service providers on how to:
· Understand the cycle of domestic violence and its impact on health
Human Options and UC Irvine are working collaboratively to conduct outreach and promote training opportunities in collaboration with hospitals, professional medical and nursing associations, community clinics, the county, local medical and nursing schools, and community based organizations (CBOs). It will work with diverse stakeholders to ensure the training curriculum is culturally competent and appropriate for special populations.
The CDT Strategy will produce the following measurable outcomes:
1. A CME and CEU-eligible training curriculum will be developed
2. Training will be delivered to numerous providers in the County
3. Provider knowledge and comfort in screening, counseling and referring will increase
4. A large percentage of trained providers will incorporate screening, counseling and referrals into their regular practice within one year of the training